As we all know, cancer has become the leading cause of death, especially in the western world, where modern medicine struggles to combat this suite of diseases. For this reason, many are looking for a more natural approach which does not involve poisoning the body, or cutting out vital organs. Here we are going to discuss information on what causes cancer, and alternate solutions to the less than adequate ones offered by mainstream medicine.
History Of Cancer
In 1907, less than 7% of Australians died from cancer. Today 50% of men and 33% of women will get cancer at some time in their lives. This figure is rising, and there is no great improvement in cure rates, despite claims by drug companies and cancer research organisations that they are about to discover the cure for this or that disease. The evening news is full of these stories, although most of the “breakthroughs” either don’t work, or are proven more dangerous than the cancer they prevent and are consequently abandoned.
Given that this is happening, it would be good to try to figure out what has changed in society to cause these alarming figures. Could it be that it is lifestyle related, or is there an environmental cause that mutates otherwise healthy cells?
Causes of Cancer
The information below was taken from the Cancer Council of Australia website.
“We do not know all of the risks and causes of cancer. However, there are a number of chemical, physical and biological agents that have been shown to trigger the mistakes in the cell blueprint that cause cancer. These are called carcinogens and include tobacco, ultraviolet radiation and asbestos.
“A number of cancers share risk factors:
- one in nine cancers, and one in five cancer deaths, are due to smoking
- about 3% of cancers are related to alcohol consumption
- many cancers occur as a direct result of dietary influences, from infectious agents or exposure to radiation (especially skin cancers from ultraviolet radiation)
- some cancers result from inherited ‘faulty’ genes
- cancer is NOT caused by injury or stress.
“It is important to note that not all cancers are associated to the risk factors mentioned above. Cancer can sometimes develop without any specific causes”.
The good news here is that according to the “experts”, stress and injury are not responsible. While that may be the case, I would suggest that stress puts a strain on the immune system, and a less than fully functioning immune system means that the body’s natural cancer fighting mechanisms are compromised. It highlights the way medicine looks at a situation, where a direct cause and cure is required to fit into the model.
As for smoking, cigarette smoke has concentrated levels of a heavy metal, Cadmium. The information about food and diet is vague at best, possibly because the food industry is very powerful and would not react kindly to any inference they may be responsible for cancer.
One thing that has changed over the last century is the volume and number of toxic chemicals we use in our daily lives. For some reason Cancer researchers seem to ignore this factor completely. No wonder they can’t discover a cure! Household cleaners are a concoction of poisonous chemicals. Industrialisation has resulted in permanently polluted air and water, and modern food production has resulted in some very dubious additives to extend the shelf life of food, and make it look good. In agriculture, crops are constantly sprayed to kill off bugs and diseases. Then there is mining.
Certain toxins such as heavy metals and VOCs (volatile organic compounds) are very difficult to remove from the body. We were simply not designed to handle them. There are medical chelators to remove heavy metals such as lead, mercury, arsenic, cadmium and others, but these are expensive and like most medications can cause serious long term damage to your health. You will find most medical professionals not interested in toxicity either because of less than adequate solutions, or the fact they have been told this is not a health issue. Toxicity has now become intergenerational with many of us having weakened immune systems due to genetic factors to compound the situation. The rise of autism spectrum is an example of this.
Medical Solutions to Cancer
There are 3 main ways that mainstream medicine attempts to conquer cancer.
- Operations. Here the tumour is identified and then cut out by surgery. If the whole of the cancer is removed, this can be effective. If the tumour is in a sensitive area, it is often impossible to remove it without permanent and debilitating results. If the cause of the disease is not removed, there is often a reoccurrence a year or two later, and each time it is more difficult to treat.
- Chemotherapy. This is where a toxic drug is taken to kill off mutated or weak cells. Unfortunately, the chemo drug weakens immunity and kills off some good cells as well. The idea is to reduce the infection or tumour and slow it down. Opinion on this treatment is divided. For those who survived it is a miracle that kept them from certain death. For those who didn’t, they are not here to talk about it! For many others, the cancer returns a year or two later with devastating results, or they end up permanently disabled from the treatment. Many Doctors would not opt for this treatment if they were diagnosed with cancer.
- Radiation. It is well known that radiation damages cells. Fukushima in Japan and Chernobyl in Russia were two situations where large populations were exposed to radiation. Many of these people have died from cancer since. With this in mind, why would you radiate a cancerous tumor as a treatment? Again the idea is to kill off cancerous or damaged cells in an infected area and hope the body will recover itself and repair or expel the cells damaged by the treatment.
The Cancer Industry
These days massive amounts of money are being raised for cancer research. Many well-meaning cancer survivors passionately solicit donations to support these funds. While this seems noble, one would have to question why there have not been the results they were seeking. Richard Nixon famously announced there would be a cure for cancer in 10 years back in 1971. Today cancer is much more prevalent and survival rates for some are abysmal following treatment. In fact many people are now told there is nothing that can be done except to provide ineffective treatments that will cause much suffering for their final months of life and to go home. Clearly the “war” on cancer has not been won. In the meantime heads of cancer organisations earn huge salaries. These are only maintained as long as a cure for cancer is not found, so there is incentive to keep announcing breakthroughs while never finding a permanent solution.
Can Cancer Be Cured?
Given the limited success of medicine to tackle this disease, many now look to alternate solutions. There are many on offer, and they focus on repairing the body rather than poisoning it. It is a bit like organic farming where with the proper care crops thrive, while intensive farming produces higher yields for a while and then destroys the land. Your body is composed of cells which combine to make tissue. Tissue makes up organs and the sum total of all of this is your body.
When cells are attacked by toxins, they can become mutated, or genetically altered. Sometimes this is duplicated through large numbers of cells, resulting in cancer. You can protect your cells in three ways.
- Make sure you limit the amount of toxins you take into your body. You do this by eating mainly raw or organic food, unprocessed. Use non chemical cleaners and carefully choose where you live.
- Take action to remove toxins from the body. Like it or not, you have them. Detox programs can reduce the toxic load on the body giving you a fighting chance of avoiding the consequences. A recent Catalyst program on ABC TV in Australia really exposed the extent of toxins we consume every day.
- Add support to your immune system. Despite what the health authorities say, simply eating fruit and vegetables is not enough to give you a really strong immune system, especially considering today’s toxic environment. There are some great products that will increase the function and potency of your immune system, giving you greater protection. Very few cover the full spectrum of nutrients you need for optimum health.
What Are Some Of The Alternate Ways To Reduce Cancer?
Ways to combat cancer are centered around a few concepts. One is to starve the cancer cells of the food that fuels growth. A diet very low in carbohydrates and especially sugar is one thing I would definitely do if I had cancer. Herbs are used to kill cancerous cells. As with chemotherapy, but without some of the toxic side effects, certain herbs will destroy weak cells, while leaving healthy ones alone.
Here are a few herbs that people may use in the fight against cancer. Copied from canceractive dot com.